Loving the Roost (with all its madness)

And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
- Ward Elliot Hour

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Poor Nurin

I was so, so disturbed by the tragedy that robbed Nurin of her life. Everytime I think of her I am moved to tears. I close my eyes and imagine what it must have been like for her, just eight being tortured like that and I just can't take it.

It made me question God. Why would God allow something like that to happen to poor, innocent little children? I asked and asked and then it hit me that prayer moves the hand of God. I immediately felt remorse for my own lack of action. As a nation, as people of different faiths, what did we do after we read of Nurin's disappearance? Most of us just turned the page. Just another story right? Happens everyday. It makes me wonder what would have happened had we as people of faith bothered to prayed for her. Fasted for her safe return.

Am sure things would have turned out differently for Nurin, for prayer changes things. This, is the answer I felt God was giving me for my shallow question.

No comments: