Loving the Roost (with all its madness)

And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
- Ward Elliot Hour

Sunday 31 July 2011

Inspirational Ideas for Kids Rooms

M




um is away and I am kind of housebound for some weeks.

As a result I have found time to browse the net again looking for inspirational ideas for decorating, paper craft, entertaining and just being creative. I just love the plethora of ideas that are just lying around on the world wide web and what I love even more are the people who so freely share their ideas and inspiration with the rest of us. Today I have decided to add such inspiration to my blog too...

I love how each picture I see set off a set of chemical reactions in my head and lead me to my own creative set of ideas. For a start, here are some kids room decorating ideas to absolutely drool over...


Unfortunately I didn't record the blog I took this from. My kids' playroom was inspired by this picture. Am still thinking of ways to keep everything really neat. We have two blue bucket pails from Ikea, a square table almost like the one in the picture but only one chair at the moment. 

We have instead two large stools that also double up as storage boxes. Our room's theme is red, blue and yellow. Lots of white furniture. We also have shelves and shelves of books which I sometimes wish I did not have so many of. I have a problem letting go of books. So there's basically a fairly large kids book library in the playroom.

Will add a picture once I am truly satisfied with the room.

\
Oh, how I love everything to be organised!

And pretty!

Hope to use this as a base to design kids bedroom when they are older....


Or this....

No comments: