Loving the Roost (with all its madness)

And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
- Ward Elliot Hour

Friday 20 July 2007

Tun, Toh Puan, Datuk Seri Utama, Datuk, Datuk, Datin, Datin dan sebagainya

In my line of work I meet many people who have done so much for the poor, the marginalised and destitute in the country, and yet they have not been recognised for their work. At the same time I hear about or meet many who receive honours they have done nothing to deserve - aside from being politically well connected. Year after year they move from one honour to another undeserved honour of higher rank.
I would just like to quote my favourite author, Mark Twain here "It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
I salute Mrs. F.R. Bhupalan who has done more for women and the marginalised in the country than most and yet refused the Datukship offered to her. God bless her and others like her!

No comments: